Yoga Light-House in Sri Lanka is an inspirational, unique and tantric spiritual center. Here people from around the globe come to expand and deepen their understanding of mind, body and soul, practice meditation and postures, rest, rejuvenate, and develop new way of balanced living both within and without.
We share ancient knowledge of well-being, strong-willing, wise-living and, if needed, soul healing with our guests arriving to Sri Lanka.
To get a brief and quick glimpse of who we are and what we do, please, enjoy watching Yoga Light-House Video Testimonials
Yoga Light-House in Sri Lanka provides individual guidance in self development, improvement of body and mind conditions through application of Yogic and Ayurvedic practices. We embrace individual approach to all harmony seekers.Yoga Light-House is nested on the western coast of the transcendental and magnificent Indian Ocean, where beats of industrialized life come to a complete standstill giving way to super natural tropical environment and you a chance to get new insight and experience of unprecedented yoga state of mind, body and soul. We are located in convenient proximity to the International Airport and Colombo – Puttalam road.
What benefits you will acquire by living at Yoga Light-House:
• On physical level – you will study yourself and learn how to balance 3 doshas, investigate and discover weak points of your constitution (Prakriti), if there are any recurring diseases you will learn how to combat and eradicate them by managing your Life-Style; you will increase endurance and vitality of the body;
Yoga Light-House provides a consultation of traditional doctor of Sri Lanka (doctor knowledgeable in herbs and naturopathy) if you have any physical concerns. He will use pulse diagnose (Nadi Vijnana) to determine your Prakruti (given at birth) and Vikruti (obtained through living) conditions of physical and energy bodies. Based on this a proposed food and life style plan will be produced and presented for your consideration.
At Yoga Light-House, we make herbal medicine (rasayana) in accordance with ancient formulas using powerful energy of Sri Lanka herbs. We also apply Indian science of Ayurveda both in yoga practice and treatment of ailment if any. Ayurvedic or rebalancing message can be given at our premises.
• On mental level – you will learn methods and kriyas for mind and sense control and stability, through an individualized practice you will learn how to acquire peace and serenity, you will grow positive traits and features of your individuality so as to remain centered and focused, confident and relaxed in your day to day living.
• On soul level – you will be able to trace your positive and negative karmic imprints (Samskaras) and know how to handle them without generating new ones both in awake and sleep states of the mind; as the grip of karmic reactivity loosens armed with new knowledge and experience you will be able to choose to abide here and now acting positively with no regrets about the past or longing for the future; by growing the Power of Will you will become a Manager of your Destiny.
• Finally you will have an individual Yoga Life-Style developed for your present self-awareness level which you can improve by applying it in every moment of your life.
• As secondary benefits you will explore Sri Lanka, gain access to sandy and grassy beaches, tropical environment, fresh fruits and vegetables, straight from the water seafood, the Maha Yoga River, unique landscapes and culture of the Indian Ocean’s jewel – all of this can become your personalized journey to the island full of adventures and spiritual treasures.Our mission is to invoke transformational light in those humans who really need it. We don’t apply any stress-related methods or any kind of force, which is himsa. We’ve simply arranged an atmosphere that genuine and unique, aspiring and transformative in nature. We put our guests into totally different conditions then those they are habitual to in their day to day urban life. This will uplift the veil of artificial surrounding and lead them to a position of witness, an observer halting the flow of reactions caused by karmic habits of grasping and aversion that drive the mind here and there with illusions of unhappiness and unfulfilled hopes. From this stand point our guests will manage to obtain new experience, draw unconditional insight and vision of their True Self as well as flexible & healthy bodies. Some might go to the point that they will defy their destiny. We let things happen and don’t make them to. We let Yoga unveil its powers to you.
Our end product has no material form or expression. It is something that already dwells within each individual, something that unites everything and everyone and called Yoga, Inner Self, Internal Guide, Infinite and Absolute. It is something that can’t be bought or sold, described or defined but only discovered and deserved by personal selfless and righteous efforts.
The Yogi Host, Nicolas, is the founder of Yoga Light House, inspirator of Yoga Sadhana at the center, Light Bearer, Spiritual Warrior and Seeker after Liberation.
The Yogi Hostess, Jeewanthi, is the Fire Keeper, Shakti of our Spiritual Home, Kundalini that dreams within to wake up one day.
In modern times, known as an era of information, Yoga is everywhere – it is popularized in social media, propagated among the young and old, the weak and strong, the poor and rich. Almost every town and city will have a yoga studio or school where you can get yoga guidance for money. You do not need to search far and wide to attend a yoga class -google search will quickly provide directions of the nearest yoga center to your location. Don’t get confused by a variety of Yoga styles, trends and brands. Yoga became a part of the market that inevitably leads to versatility with the essential goal of selling. And yoga (union, oneness) turns into multiplicity, competition and opposition.
One of such products in the market that is growing in demand and popularity is yoga holidays when you travel to another place, country or continent to experience different environment, surroundings, culture, food, climate, people and all of the above seasoned with the yoga gravy. Let us look at what yoga travel has to offer to customers and what has made it such an attractive product in the market. And to be more precise let us take yoga journeys to the island of Sri Lanka and enumerate reasons for a great variety of Yoga Retreats and Centers that have sprung up in recent times.
- Nature of Sri Lanka promotes quietude of the mind and links you towards your own nature.
- Water element manifested in the Indian Ocean, innumerable lakes and life-sustaining rivers purifies both thoughts and bodies.
- Earth element manifested in magnificent mountains and eye-catching scenery and landscapes.
- Fire element expressed in 365 days of summer with a climate that keeps your body warm and open for transformation.
- Air element boosts your creativity and adaptability giving new insight and point of view to contemplate over your life perspectives.
- Either element promotes meditative state of the mind. Many people arrive to Sri Lanka to learn more about spiritually and meditation as a means to establish connection between human world and spiritual world.
- Inhabitants of the island are more than friendly and open, eager to help and chat. English is quite well understood by locals and smiling is a never ending way of communication here.
- The island is of medium size though astonishes with diversity of wilf-life, vegetation, terrain and even climate.
- Buddhism with all its virtues and ideals is still in the air and that can be the reason why the island bears the name Sri Lanka – Sacred Land.
- Ayurveda is an intrinsic part of Sri Lankan nature that naturally sprung up from itself. Ayurvedic education on the island is the most comprehensive and offers theory and all conditions to put it into practice. The climate of Sri Lanka gives life to a great variety of herbs and plants with ayurvedic properties and healing powers.
- All the year round fresh fruits and vegetables are available on the island. Coconuts are in abundance here and there is almost no meal without scraped coconuts or coconut milk.